Space for Rent / Lease
Whether you are a small business or a Fortune 500 firm, Uniland has the largest portfolio of office, industrial and flex space, and shovel-ready vacant land in Western New York. Let our experienced Account Executives guide you through our exclusive 5-Step commercial property leasing process. WNY’s most trusted commercial real estate developer since 1974.
Office Space for Rent
Uniland’s office space leasing portfolio includes the most awarded commercial office space in WNY. Select a location that works for you and our architects and interior designers will create a productive and inspiring business space.
Industrial Space for Rent
Many businesses need both an office and a warehouse, distribution or light manufacturing space. We offer many industrial & flex spaces near highways with wide roadways, spacious trailer staging, loading docks and grade level doors.
Retail Space for Rent
Our select Amherst & downtown Buffalo retail sites offer different options of demographics and visibility. Let our expert site selectors help you find the best locations in Western, NY to suit your retail and restaurant space needs.
The building you work from should be as unique as your company. Whether you’re looking for a 800 SF custom office, a 40,000 SF build-to-suit, or a 200,000+ SF industrial space, you can be confident that Uniland has the experience and expertise to deliver a space that fits your company’s needs and budget.
Explore These Recently Completed Workspaces:
Six Steps To Find New Office Space For Your Business
After nearly 50 years in the commercial real estate business, Uniland Development has identified six key factors when determining your new office space needs:
- Office Size & Layout
- Amenities, including parking, natural lighting & outdoor space
- Price (Rent and Common Area Maintenance – or CAM – charges)
- Lease Term
- Property Management Availability
Looking to move or start a new business in the Buffalo, NY region?
Check out Demographic Data & Statistics for Business Owners Interested in the Buffalo, NY Region for a free demographic report with detailed analysis of the major cities & towns around WNY. This easy-to-read demographic dossier addresses key information including:
- The population of Buffalo & Erie County
- Average incomes in Western NY region
- Varying cost of Class A & B office space
- Erie County tax maps & school rankings
- Average ages & business density
- Commute times & public transportation
How do you determine the right amount of office space for your business?
Determine the right amount of office space for your business by using this Office Space Calculator developed by Uniland’s Design team. This invaluable tool can guide you through designing your new office and building a productive workspace that will inspire your staff and customers.
The current office standard on average is 150 square feet of usable floor area per employee, but this number is evolving rapidly as technology and new generations enter and exit the workforce. Elements like open floor plans, coworking space, lounge areas, and remote work are changing the way we build and design office space.
An architect and interior designer can create an efficient floor plan that combines the appropriate square feet per employee with your business’ functions, workflow and culture. Keep in mind that a good business space planner can help make any office space effective and efficient.
Should you Rent Office Space or Buy a Building?
Learn about The Benefits of Leasing Office Space in Buffalo, NY. Here are some key highlights:
- More office locations to choose from – There are typically more leasing options in desired locations than properties for sale
- Lower upfront capital costs – Since you’re not purchasing a property, there are no down payments
Greater flexibility – it is typically much easier to change a lease, move your business or expand when you are renting an office
- Decreased liability & responsibility – In addition to lower insurance costs, most leased properties include property management
- Tax benefits – Companies renting office space can write-off lease payments and other rental expenses for tax purposes.
- No ownership risk – you won’t have to worry about fluctuations in the real estate market or deal with trying to sell the property if your business needs to expand, move or close some day
Should you Locate your Business in an Office Park?
Read about Leasing Office Space in Suburban Office Parks, which explores some advantages that suburban business campuses offer to both owners & employees.
- Convenient commuting – Suburban office parks are usually located along major roads and highways with shorter commutes.
- Free & easy parking – Not only are downtown office commutes time-consuming and stressful, you often have to pay for parking.
- Visible signage – Many office parks have high visibility and signage for businesses to alert passing motorists about their brand.
- Outdoor space – Suburban office parks provide a more spacious, park-like environment for businesses.
- Nearby shopping & services – Office space located near major shopping districts give employees a greater work-life balance
What are the Top Office Space Trends?
- “Resimercial” – Which is the blending of residential and commercial design elements.
- Privacy booths – With the rise of open work spaces and collaboration areas, organizations are seeking private spaces.
- Mid-century modern – The clean lines and simple sophistication that emerged in the 1950s and ‘60s are back in style.
- Sound absorbing components – With the advent of more open spaces, noise levels are a growing problem in the modern office.
- Move towards natural light – Incorporating into design can positively impact employee well-being, productivity and happiness.
Value-Add Client Offerings from Uniland
Uniland is more than just a provider of office, retail, or industrial space.
When you become a Uniland client, you have access to a host of other services that can help your business.
Let us connect you with the following services:
- Temporary or Overflow Office Space
- Meeting Rooms & Event Space
- Hospitality Needs
- Luxury Apartments
What are the benefits of Shared Office Space?
Read how shared office space works for businesses of all sizes by providing a blend of flexibility, savings, and efficiency
Sole Proprietors & Start-Ups – In a professional, shared office setting you can enjoy an environment that enhances your productivity, spurs your professional growth, and even improves your health.
Small (2-24 employees) & Medium Businesses (25-99) – The lower overhead costs, flexible space options, straightforward terms, and 24/7 access eliminate the hassle of setting up a traditional office
Large Businesses (100+ employees) – Fortune 500 companies are using these spaces as a means to retain talent and unite remote employees
“I think their buildings are distinctive—very attractive. I think their attention to detail is going to satisfy anyone's needs.”
ANTHONY J. OGOREK, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER
Get in touch with a Uniland Office Space Leasing Pro
"*" indicates required fields