As Director of Development, Kellena Kane orchestrates development, acquisition and disposition opportunities, as well as oversees the development process for the firm’s projects. Ms. Kane is also president and co-founder of HANSA, an innovative office and coworking space in downtown Buffalo affiliated with Uniland.
Since joining Uniland in 2007, Ms. Kane has played a critical role in Uniland’s prominent projects through pursuing new development opportunities and coordinating subsequent development phases, including preliminary due diligence, concept, feasibility, pre-development, design, construction and financing. Prior to her work in the Development department she was senior loan analyst and portfolio manager for Uniland’s Capital Markets Group.
- Board of Directors – Chippewa Alliance
- Program Advisor and Former Adjunct Professor, M.S. in Real Estate Development Program, University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning
- Founding Member and Former Executive Co-Chair – Urban Land Institute’s Western New York Women’s Leadership Initiative
- Founding Member & Former Executive Co-Chair – Urban Land Institute’s Western New York Young Leaders Group
- Former Board of Trustees Member – The Community Music School
- Former Director – The Kenan Center
HANSA, 505 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY
32,000 sq. ft. two-story on-demand flexible workspace center with diverse work and event spaces, residential and retail.
The Delaware North Building, 250 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY
332,000 sq. ft. 12-story mixed-use project that includes the Delaware North Global Headquarters, The Westin Buffalo, Class A office space, and a six-level, 200,000 sq. ft. parking garage with office and retail at street level
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Amherst, 1601 Amherst Manor Drive, Amherst, NY
61,600 sq. ft. 107-room hotel is the first in the nation with isUD certification for Universal Design and provides on-site lodging and event space for the Northtown Center sports complex.
Honors & Achievements
- 40 Under 40 Award, Buffalo Business First, 2017
- ATHENA Young Professional Finalist, Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 2016
- ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative Prologis Scholarship Winner, 2016
- BN360 Spotlight Professional, Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 2012
- Center of Professional Development Leadership Program, Canisius College, Class of 2012
- Leadership Buffalo, Rising Leaders, Class of 2009
- B.A., Economics and Philosophy, University of Rochester
- M.S., Real Estate Development, Columbia University