Now Hiring: Community Associate
505 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, New York 14203
An Elevated Experience. A Bold Future for Workspace in Buffalo.
We’re looking for someone to help build community and support the operations of HANSA, Buffalo’s innovative new coworking, shared and private office, meeting room and event space. Here is an opportunity to help create a new community experience, one that will advance Buffalo workplace culture, the local business landscape and the broader community. As a Community Associate, you will help foster a collaborative and engaging workplace environment, one that celebrates productivity, creativity, learning and networking among businesses and entrepreneurs. This position will be part-time to start, with the expectation it will grow and evolve into a full-time role.
To bring this new venture to life in downtown Buffalo, a Uniland-owned warehouse on Ellicott Street is undergoing a complete rehabilitation for the project, which will also include a privately-operated café and two apartments. The building is being outfitted with new skylights, windows, a focal-point staircase leading to a second story, and an outdoor patio. A new brick façade and exterior lighting will align the building with its neighbors and visitors inside will be energized by the chic industrial interior design and the fusion of modern office and residential furniture and decor. HANSA is expected to open in Spring 2020.
Ready for a founding role at HANSA?
Please find the full job description below. Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to HR@uniland.com.
A Community Associate is an integral part of a small team responsible for delivering the HANSA full-service professional workspace experience to Members and our community. The ideal Community Associate is outgoing, friendly, eager to help, and professional. This individual takes pride in their appearance and has a willingness to learn.
This is an active position that will entail moving furniture and regular walking throughout our 30,000 square foot facility. As an affiliate of Uniland Development Company, this associate represents both HANSA and Uniland in the larger Western NY business community.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The Community Associate illustrates HANSA’s core values and strives to achieve its mission, and by extension Uniland’s core values and mission. The Community Associate’s main accountabilities are the following:
- Provide high-level of customer service at all times
- Create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our Members through value-added experiences, events and relationship building
- Ensure the HANSA facility is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Drive growth and promotion of the HANSA’s business service offerings, and by extension Uniland’s offerings
- Maintain company standards and expectations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet Members and guests as the first and last point of contact on HANSA premise
- Manage front desk during business hours
- Answer phone, respond to emails and Member portal inquiries
- Manage Member/guest check-ins and check-outs
- Assist with meeting room and event reservations for Members and/or External guests
- Process mail services and package responsibilities
- Maintain current space inventory record, and Member accounts
- Prepare and distribute promotional materials to guests/prospect Members
- Utilize online membership portal for leads, accounts, Member announcements, and Member activity oversight
- Event set-up and break-down, including coordinating catering for food and beverages
- Brew coffee, lots and lots of coffee!
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT & EVENTS
- Collaborate on creating the strategy, and implement HANSA community initiatives designed to create connections between Members, including Member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and site tours
- Solve Member related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Execute social media strategy including content generation, posting and engagement (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn) to promote HANSA community & events
- Explain HANSA policies and procedures to Members, including but not limited to: community house rules, membership agreement, billing procedures, Member portal and meeting room technology
- Enforce HANSA community house rules to ensure a safe, clean and professional environment for all
- Actively engage in local community to generate awareness and make recommendations of neighborhood amenities
BUILDING OPERATIONS & FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Maintain facilities to highest standards, allowing Members to feel pride in bringing their employees, clients and investors to HANSA
- Assist with site tours, move-ins and move-outs for quality experience; prepare and distribute welcome packets
- Execute Member license agreements and applicable add-on services
- Manage access control activation
- Data entry and data management across multiple platforms
- Technical problem solving when needed, including the ability to troubleshoot minor issues with printer, meeting room technology, appliances and wireless networks
- Know and be able to implement Member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College graduate with a four-year degree, but not required, or two-year degree with work experience
- Customer service, hospitality and/or sales experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for coworking and entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for HANSA’s and Uniland’s mission and values
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn new technology, including various software platforms
- Knowledgeable on Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn)
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine correspondence
- Speak effectively before customers or employees of organization
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs/dashboards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.