CORPORATE OPERATIONAL POLICY/CONTROL MANAGER
Uniland Development Company is currently seeking a Corporate Operational Policy/Control Manager. This role will be challenging but also highly rewarding. For the right leader, this is a fantastic opportunity with great growth prospects. This position is located in Amherst, NY.
Identify and improve the risk management and control environments within the organization by participating in advisory and process improvement engagements. Use data interrogation/mining tools to develop ideas that raise management’s awareness to potential cost savings and process improvements.
Act as the SME company-wide for all matters related to organization’s enterprise software system including monitoring system and user security, performing regular system audits, coordinate all software training, and investigate and recommend software compatible with organization’s enterprise software to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and perform audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Communicates audit program and testing procedures to Audit Committee in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk while ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering solutions relevant to business and risk. Work with management and subject matter expert (SME) on design of recommendations and appropriate controls, resulting in operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document processes
- Work with Audit Committee, in conjunction with department directors, to develop, administer, track, and report on company, departmental and senior management metrics
- Monitor enterprise software system and user security, maintain user rights and permissions,
- Perform regular software system audits including, but not limited to, vendor records, transactional data records, in accordance with Audit Committee direction described above.
- Coordinate all enterprise software training for new and current users, including attending symposiums and conferences held by the software company.
- Coordinate all software upgrades, including system testing and implementation
- Investigate and recommend software compatible with Uniland’s enterprise software to enhance current effectiveness and efficiency of company process and procedures
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify new rules issued by the applicable regulatory or governing body to remain current on auditing, accounting, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience required
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years audit experience is required
- One or more professional relevant certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE) is required
- Public accounting experience desirable but not required
- Yardi software experience desirable but not required
Click here to apply to this position