REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
Immediate Full Time opening to support the Development Department at a leading real estate development company. Must have previous work experience with advanced quantitative analysis including the creation of financial models from scratch, superior Microsoft Excel abilities, high degree of accuracy, excellent attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Specific experience in real estate finance and underwriting is a plus.
Minimum requirements are a BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias with high academic standing (include GPA in resume), and 2 years of relevant experience in positions that require quantitative analysis and reporting financial results. MA/MS in Real Estate or MBA (Finance or Real Estate) is a plus.
Please submit your cover letter explaining your interest and specific qualifications for this position and resume (as single PDF). Tentative start date is early 2017.
The Analyst plays a critical role in the pursuit of real estate development projects including underwriting, market research, and concept development. The ideal candidate will have quantitative aptitude and the ability to be creative. A high-level of organization and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is required. The Analyst will need to succeed in both team and independent settings. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Creation of and adjustments to real estate development project pro formas and other quantitative analysis utilizing real estate finance calculations such as discounted cash flow, net present value, return on investment, valuation, debt service, and amortization schedules.
• Review and manage the collection of data for quantitative analysis from other departments and external sources.
• Site search and analysis including parcel and neighborhood information, zoning, tax credit and incentive eligibility, and land and building due diligence such as understanding and summarizing tenant leases, property conditions reports, and other third-party reports.
• Research and report on potential development concepts, new real estate development trends, market analysis, industry announcements, legislation, and economic projections.
• New business tactics including researching and contacting potential tenants, reading and summarizing reports and request for proposals, and collaborating on proposals, including writing and creating presentations using PowerPoint.
• Complete follow-up correspondence in a timely manner (emails, phone calls, letters).
• Assistance with department tasks including creating and refining department procedures, tracking projects, and organizing project files and folders.
• Assist Capital Markets Group with defined, routine tasks such as construction loan draw requests and variable interest rate payment approvals.
• Network to establish new business contacts and foster existing relationships.
This unique position offers stimulating work that directly contributes to a fast-paced and multi-faceted industry.
Click here to apply to this position