As Vice President of Corporate Relations, Laura Zaepfel works extensively with local, regional, state and federal government and business leaders to optimize the Western New York business climate. Ms. Zaepfel collaborates with leading business support organizations to construct policies and procedures that will produce a diverse workforce and a sustainable economy in the region.
Ms. Zaepfel also manages Uniland’s corporate philanthropy program, continuing the company’s long tradition of community involvement and support. She works with and volunteers for community and business organizations that advocate for residents through social justice and diversity, health and wellness, education and faith-based programs.
Over the years, Ms. Zaepfel has provided leadership to Catholic Charities, Humanities New York, the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), and the National Federation of Just Communities (NFJC). She is a former Trustee of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and the Canisius College Board of Trustees.
Philanthropic and Civic Endeavors
- Board of Directors – Amherst Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board Member – Beverly Gray Business Exchange
- Member – Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Development Advisory Council and Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Member – NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Board of Directors – Buffalo and Erie County Naval Military Park
- Chair – Buffalo and Erie County Naval Military Park Veteran Tribute Awards
- Board of Directors – Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo
- Chair – Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo Advancement Committee and 2017 Gala 22:6 Education Dinner
- Chair – Catholic Charities Eight-County Annual Appeal and Board of Trustees
- Co-Chair – Western New York Food Bank Capital Campaign
- Community Angel Award, 2017
- Buffalo Business First Power 100 Women
- Buffalo Business First Women of Influence Award
- Girl Scout Woman of Distinction, 2012
- Canisius College LaSalle Medal
- B.S., Canisius College
- M.A., State University of New York at Buffalo